Emerald City Cycle Forums  

Left Nav Home Forums Register Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Emerald City Cycle Forums > Street Bikes > Rides

Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 AM
icon

1k+ mile solo ride

Started off on Friday around 6 am......Rode down I-5 for a bit and cut over hwy6....found some roads in the southwestern washington area to ride for a bit...then headed south
got an award...woot (any help with a good lawyer for the Pacific County would be helpful)
Made my way into Astoria around 930 and had breakfast. Met a couple riders that were on their way back to canada after a 3 week ride...good peeps

Then headed south and explored some roads in northwester oregon...meh....roads were wet...but found a couple i would like to return to

Then I cam across an absolute jackpot.

Hwy 53 just off of hwy26 outside of Tillamook Oregon is an absolute must ride if you are ever in the area.
Super fun and tight tight technical road. Do it!!!!

Then made my way over to Salem and then to Gates after some d-baggery in the western oregon area.

Got up saturday morning and met up with a couple of the Salem locals for a couple hour ride.
Good peeps....fun roads. Would tell you where we went...but I have no idea....but it was fun.

Stayed off the bike on Sunday, well except for a ride to get coffee to the local coffee stand.

Monday i set out for my ride back with no real route in mind. Headed to eastern/central oregon and started my way back north. Found myself in Dalles Oregon and looked up my google maps on my phone....much to my surprise....i saw that the infamous Klickitat Rd was near.....so I took it.

First time on Klickitat and can see why its so popular to go ride. Fun road...gotta watch out for oncoming traffic when your on the section of narrow road though....gets a little hairy when your coming around a corner and there is a grill of a big truck looking right at you...consuming the entire road.

Pretty much just took 97 north from there with the exception of a little exploring...then 12 to 410..then home

clocked a litte over 1000miles this weekend...that puts the new cbr at close to 7500 miles since the begining of June....damn the miles stack up quick.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Red Tiger now

Sounds like fun. Be glad you didn't ride with me going over any of the passes. A couple of times I was going 60mph instead of the 70mph limit. lol

*of course I could have downshifted and sped back up, but I was trying to save the little motor
Old 08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Instilling illogical thought since 1982

sounds like a good run. cept the cop part. fuckin cops.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Starting The Engine

Assuming we'll be friends because we both ride motorcycles is akin to assuming we'll both like the same shoes because we both have feet.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Walking the thin line

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldb328 View Post
Assuming we'll be friends because we both ride motorcycles is akin to assuming we'll both like the same shoes because we both have feet.
lol
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM
life is my favorite first person shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldb328 View Post
your mom has feet
Old 08-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Starting The Engine

It shows you really had great fun and enjoyed your journey a lot.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Instilling illogical thought since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylannoah View Post
It shows you really had great fun and enjoyed your journey a lot.
your mom had great fun and enjoyed her journey a lot.